Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quilts

Wednesday 30th May 2012

Nothing much happening around here today.  I had computer troubles and by the time my technician had come and gone and then I realized he had removed my picture editing program (now reinstalled) time has gone nowhere.

I did get around to giving the caravan a clean and half making the bed in there (we hope to visit Em this weekend) which led me to putting this on the bed.....
This quilt was made in 2009, using some embroidery designs by Leanne Beasley.  I had the panels laying around and then put them all into a quilt.  The quilt was designed by me using a variety of fabrics including some Debbie Mumm.

 Here are a few of the blocks I made to go into the quilt.

 The quilt below was from a pattern on the Internet.  I can't remember the name of the site, but once a month you were given instructions on how to make a certain block and at the end of the time you were shown what the quilt looked like.  A lovely surprise.  I love the contrast of the bright pink and softer green and yellow in this quilt.
 This quilt was one of the first ones I ever made.  I cringe when I look at it now, but that is how you learn.  The embroidery pictures (all but the centre one) were drawn by a good friend of mine.
 This quilt is more a wall hanging.  I made it when I was involved with a craft group and it was a mystery quilt.  We were given six envelopes and you had to make a block using the items (if there were any) and instructions for that envelope.  The first one was a nursery rhyme, second - nine patch, third - using fabric contained in the envelope, fourth - favourite thing (s), fifth - small, sixth - from the garden.  Mine had a common theme in the ladybugs that are found in each block.
 This again was one of the very first quilts I did and had a go at quilting myself.  Nothing extravagant just some pretty fabrics.  I made one of these for my sister also.
 This quilt is unfinished.  I have put the top together but have yet to back and quilt it.  This is the first quilt I have done with alot of applique in it.  It took me ages!
 The two photos below are a couple of the blocks from this quilt.

Quilting is such a time consuming craft but really worth it in the end when you have something beautiful to show for ALL the hours you put into it.

I hope you enjoyed looking at some of my past projects, and just to think I have more to show yet!

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment