Monday, May 7, 2012

What a weekend!

Wow!  What a busy weekend.  Firstly our visitors arrived safely and set their caravan up in our yard.  Luckily we have plenty of room.  Our eldest daughter (B) and her partner came to visit later that night and catch up.  We ended up with my sister and her family here for tea Saturday night so that meant catering for eleven people.  Luckily the weather was mild and we had a BBQ out on the deck. 
Our visitors caravan

We did manage to head up to Montville and Maleny on Saturday and do some site seeing.  There was a wood expo on at Maleny and if time permitted we would have spent more time there.  Hubby is a carpenter by trade and loves all of that type of thing.  That is where I bought the boat wall hanging.  It was done by a local gentleman using driftwood and items he found washed up on the beach at Tin Can Bay, Queensland.
I love the weathered look and have hung it in our ensuite.  The green sail is a foothold from a buoy.  I really appreciated this type of craft, especially when the artist is recycling what we would call rubbish.  We had a lovely weekend with the most gorgeous weather.


On Sunday we went to the local shopping centre and I found this book!  I have been eagerly awaiting this book since I first heard of it impending arrival. I have been following Rhonda's blog for years and couldn't wait to get her book.  This was the earliest opportunity I had to find it and now I am trying to find the time to sit and read it uninterrupted.  At least start reading it anyway!

Rhonda is an inspiring woman that tries to live simply.  She takes pride in who she is and what she and her partner, Hanno are able to achieve.  They encourage everyone to live life in a way that is suitable to your own circumstances and all the while trying to live as debt free as possible.  I can't wait to get into this book as I am sure it will be as interesting as her blog! 

On a crafty note.  I have finished the hot water bottle covers my youngest daughter (E) requested so I will post a photo of those tomorrow!

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment