Monday, May 21, 2012

Previous Patchwork

One of my favourite things is patchwork.  I love getting the beautiful fabric together and waiting for inspiration to hit.  I haven't done any patchwork for awhile, but hope to change that soon, as it is something that isn't easy to work on and you need plenty of space.  I simply didn't have enough time when I was working.  I have one quilt top finished waiting to be backed and quilted and another that I have started the second block on, but it will take awhile as it has a lot of hand embroidery and applique.  I will get back to it one day soon I hope!

In the meantime I have found some photos of some quilts I have made in the past.  This is just a sample of some of my quilts.  I have plenty more!
The above quilt is one I made for Emily.  It is a double bed size and as you can tell by the fabric it is all horse material.  Emily is horse crazy and we had been saving bits and pieces of fabric over quite a few years to eventually make her a quilt.  Another stipulation was there could be limited lighter colour fabric as she wasn't known for being very clean at the time and I was worried about having to constantly wash the quilt.  The design for this is called Hidden Star.  She still uses the quilt today!

This is a quilt I made for my bed.  At the time I was going through a floral stage.  This is a huge quilt as my bed is a queen and this quilt hangs nearly to the floor.  There is a needle turn applique heart wreath in the centre.  No doubt this quilt will probably end up on our bed again one day.

This is a wall hanging I made for my parents for Christmas one year.  My father loves gardens and I wanted to show that in a quilt.  All of the embroidery and applique has been done by hand and the design of the quilt is my own.  The embroidery patterns were given to me by a friend so I can't tell you who designed them.  If you know please leave a comment.  My parents have since moved house but now have this hanging on the wall of their new home.

I am working on a birthday present for my nephew who turns 5 in June, so hopefully I will have some photos to show soon.

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment