Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bags and bags

Monday 13th August 2012

Back to the bag making again!  I found a lovely free pattern on line for a Japanese Knot Bag and just had to have a go.  This bag was relatively easy to make and while I adjusted the pattern slightly, next time I will make the handle longer and the actual bag slightly bigger.  This would make a lovely gift for a little girl, with a few items put inside (ie. hairbrush, hair ties or even a little handmade hat)!

This bag is made from furnishing fabrics so it is very durable and completely machine washable.  I especially love the lining fabric.  It is so bright and cheery!
I finally managed to reverse sew (unpick) the shopping tote I posted about awhile back.  I cut down the sides and remade it again.  This was gifted to a friend for her birthday and she is going to use it to put her folders in for college.  I love the way this turned out and will try and make more.  What a lovely bag to take shopping and put groceries in!
I also managed to find the time to cut down a top I had made myself last summer.  I had originally made it way too long and as a consequence I never wore it, so now that has been rectified I just need the weather to warm up so I can wear it.

I love the soft colours of this top and of course I have to wear a cami under it.  One thing I didn't like though was sewing with this material.  I hate slippery material to sew with and because I don't have an overlocker I have to zig-zag each edge so it doesn't fray.  Does anyone have any tips for sewing slippery fabric?

I also managed to make this cute key keeper for a girlfriend's daughter.  It is her birthday next month and she will be 17.  This little guy will fit into a standard envelope easily so it won't cost me a fortune to post.

This little guy doesn't take too long to make either!  Another free pattern if anyone wants to have a go at this guy.
I was able to harvest a colander full of greens this morning.  This will be placed into the refrigerator for dinner one night this week.
I also picked some marigolds that I will dry and then plant.  I love these cheery yellow flowers.  I doesn't help that yellow is my favourite colour.  What is your favourite colour?

On the crochet front.  The start of another ripple blanket saw me make a trip to Spotlight this morning to purchase some more wool.  Luckily they are having a 30% off sale at the moment as I walked out with 14 balls.  Stay tuned for a sneak peak at this project.  (I need another project like I need a hole in the head - what am I thinking?)

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment