Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Winner

Sunday 19th August 2012

Well I have a winner for one of my bags and that is Jodie from jellywares.  I hope you like which ever bag you choose Jodie!

I had a great birthday and was very spoilt by my family and friends and the best part was I had lovely weather.  My birthday is always during the Brisbane show week and is well know for grey, cold and windy weather, but this year it was lovely and warm and sunny!

I baked a cake on Thursday for Ron to take to work for morning teas and also to have with a dear friend on Friday.  It is a coconut and raspberry cake.  This recipe was given to me by a friend on Facebook.  So thank you very much Lesley!

Coconut Raspberry Cake

Soak 1 3/4 cup of coconut in 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk for 30 minutes.
Stir in 1 egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Sift in 1 2/3 cups of SR flour and mix gently
Add 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup of walnuts
Bake 1hour and 15 minutes at 160 degrees C.

A really lovely moist cake that isn't too sweet.  And the best thing is you don't have to get the mixer out, so less mess to wash!

You may remember seeing a pattern for a dress in a post awhile back.

It is a bit hard to see in this photo, but it is a lovely summer dress that I want to make for myself.  The only problem has been trying to find some dress fabric that I like.  I have tried numerous stores and was just about to go online to try and find something, when I stumbled across this fabric yesterday while I was out having lunch with my gorgeous daughter, Bec.

I think this is going to have a nice fall to it, though I think I will have to put a lining in the skirt, but that is okay, I'll just do it out of muslin so it will still be nice and cool to wear.

While on the hunt for dress fabric I found some crumpled fabric at another store and thought it would make up nice in a cool summer top for myself.  The pattern I used for this is super easy and I had this top made up in a few hours while Ron was off at the football Friday night.

I am flying to Darwin next week for a girly couple of days and will make sure I pack this.  It will give me plenty of protection from the sun on my shoulders, doesn't need ironing and will be nice and cool.  The weather is 31 in Darwin at the moment.  Imagine that!  I can't wait!

I have started another crochet project (without finishing the last one - naughty) and have been busy working away on this in the evenings.

The overall width of this blanket is 2.3m and once it has been completed I estimate it will be approximately 2.4m long, so it will be lovely on our bed!  The rainbow consists of 12 colours, I'm up to the 9th colour at the moment and then the rainbow pattern will be repeated 4 times.  This is going to take a total of 36 balls of yarn!  I hope I don't develop RSI in the process!!  There is going to be one girl by the name of Emily that I will have to fight from getting this!

I hope everyone has a great week and I will be back again in a weeks time with some photos of lovely Darwin.

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment