Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mission Accomplished

Wow what a weekend.  Saturday was spent sewing.  I downloaded a pattern for the bag.  Can't find the link at the moment, but the pattern was basic even though it took me most of the day to make it.  If I remember correctly there is something like 33 steps to making it!  I have since cut out another one and put the outside of it together also, this time it didn't take me nearly as long.  I think it is always easier after you have made the first.  I really love the look of these bags and the fact that there is three thicknesses of fabric on the bottom.  Better wearing and because I made my contrast fabric black it shouldn't show as many marks.  Another good thing about these bags is they are completely machine washable, so if they do get dirty just throw them in the washing machine with everything else!


In between making the bag we did manage to get the shopping done and voting at our local government election.  This had to be timed inbetween heavy downpours of rain.  I ran circles around hubby as we are pretty certain he may have partially torn his archilles tendon!  He does look rather amusing when he walks at the moment.  I Googled how to tape this type of injury and hope to put it into practice before he heads off to work tomorrow regardless of his complaining about having hair ripped from his leg.  I  did give him the option of shaving his leg!

On Sunday I managed to get the jam made.  What a drama that was.  Note to myself - never and I mean NEVER leave jam to boil unattended!  I went to make the bed after leaving the jam on to boil gently and by the time I got back to the kitchen the house was full of smoke.  The jam had boiled over and cooked sugar onto my ceramic cooktop.  Has anyone tried to remove baked on sugar?  It is nearly impossible, but after hours of soaking the cooktop with water, with no success, I resorted to using some of my Norwex Oven and Grill Cleaner.  This, thankfully removed most of the sugar!  Norwex is similar to Enjo, but that is another post.


All up I ended with five bottles of plum jam.  One will be gifted to the family who donated a large number of jars to me and the rest will be put into the pantry as part of my stockpile.  Hopefully I won't have to make jam again until later in the year.  I think it is going to take that long for my cooktop to recover anyway.

We spent a quiet afternoon at one of our daughter's house watching the Firebirds netball team on the TV.  That was the weekend over!

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment