Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

Friday 21st September 2012

We have a birthday in our family today.  It is our youngest daughter's birthday, she is 19!  It only seems like yesterday that she was this small.
I just wanted to take this time to wish you a wonderful birthday Emily.

I have been busy in the garden.  I have removed the snow peas and purple beans as they had both passed their highest yield.  I transplanted some lettuce seedlings that I grew from seed.  I removed also some old lettuce and the last of the turnips.  This green waste was all placed on the lawn and then I ran it over with the mower and put it in a pile on one of the gardens.  I will probably spend some time later digging this through.

My garden along the northern wall is doing great.  The tomato vine is taller than me and covered with flowers and some tomatoes already.  I really hope this is going to be prolific producer as I have taken a cutting from and it and placed the cutting in another part of the garden.

The herbs are just loving the sunshine and warmth along with the chard (centre).  The sweet peas are in flower and I will pick some of them later to promote more flowers.

It was a friend's daughter's birthday last week and I posted her a small gift.  It was one of the key keepers I have made.  She loves owls and you can see by the photo that it closely matches the wallet she received as a gift from another friend.

This was a reasonably easy gift to make and fit into a normal envelope so postage wasn't expensive!

I decided to have a go at making mustard pickles using the turnips from the garden.  It gave me quite a few jars that I will be able to give away to family and some friends.

I love a good mustard pickle so I hope this one lives up to my expectations.

We have a reasonably busy weekend, with Emily and her partner arriving here tonight.  A birthday dinner for Emily on Saturday night, which means our entire family after a day helping Ron at work.

I hope everyone out there has an enjoyable weekend!

Take care
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment